This page details the various policies and terms that govern your use of this site.
By continuing to use this website and the infomration stored within, you are agreeing to these terms and policies.
This is a summary of the policies on this website.
You are also encouraged to read the policies in full
To make this site work more effectivly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login information, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
• Cookies to remember users' actions, to identify the user, for online behavioural advertising
• Cookies that are essential for the website or a given functionality to work or if they aim to enhance the performance of the website
• your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size
• if you have already replied to a survey pop-up that asks you if the content was helpful or not (so you won't be asked again)
• also, some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited.
• enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Pathways is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website and then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Pathways may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was written in March 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and title
• contact information including email address and contact number
• social information such as social media handels, profile data and other infomration provided by social networks
• any information, or details provided in comments, posts or other interactions you have with this site
• demographic information such as address, postcode, preferences and interests
• other information that is relevant to the purpose of the information we are collecting
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• internal record keeping
• we may use the information to improve our services
• we may periodically send promotional emails for services, events or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
• from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the external website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, nor can we be responsible for the content of such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to:
c/o Diocese of Newcastle
St John's Terrace
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change at any time, without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the pages they are displayed on.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• You may create a link to this website from another website or document as you see necessary, without needing written permission us.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Updated: March 2018.
Pathways Mission strives to ensure that its services are accessible to people with disabilities. Pathways Mission has invested a significant amount of resources to help ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort and independence.
Accessibility on Pathways Mission
Pathways Mission makes available the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget that is powered by a dedicated accessibility server. The software allows Pathways Mission to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
Enabling the Accessibility Menu
The Pathways Mission accessibility menu can be enabled by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears on the corner of the page. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the accessibility menu to load in its entirety.
Pathways Mission continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities.
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on Pathways Mission fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
Here For You
If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on Pathways Mission or require assistance with any part of our site, please contact us during normal business hours as detailed below and we will be happy to assist.
If you wish to report an accessibility issue, have any questions or need assistance, please contact Pathways Mission Customer Support as follows: